Here are answers to the most common pardon (record suspension) questions we hear on a daily basis. For more information, contact us or call 204-453-0099.

Pardon / Record Suspension

How Long Does It Take To Get A Pardon?

Pardon eligibility varies. In general once your sentencing & fines are paid, a 5 or 10 year waiting period is required for convictions before being eligible to apply to get a pardon in Canada.

DUI – Driving Under The Influence

I have a DUI. Do I need a pardon (record suspension)?

Yes. A pardon is required because the DUI conviction is a criminal offense.

How Long Does It Take to Get A Pardon When I Have A DUI Conviction?

After fines and sentencing have been complete, a 5 year waiting period is require for a DUI summary offence.

Travel To The U.S. With A Criminal Record

Can I travel to the United States with a criminal record?

While eligibility for entry to the U.S. depends on the nature of the crime, a U.S. Waiver can be applied for to allow travel to the U.S. with a criminal record.